Instead of doing all your holiday gift shopping two weeks before Christmas, get a jump start! If you love DIY yourself gift ideas like us, read along. Instead of buying something at the mall, make your loved one a gift yourself. For this holiday facial scrub you only need a few ingredients:
First pick your oil of choice (I used coconut), sugar, and an oil extract to scent your scrub. Since it’s the holiday’s we chose peppermint extract and a bit of green food coloring.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1½ – 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 1 drop green food coloring
- Microwave the coconut oil for roughly 15-25 seconds until softened.
- Add 1½ cups sugar to the oil, along with the peppermint extract and green food coloring. Mix until ingredients until combined and food coloring is evenly distributed. If the mixture is too wet, add another ½ cup sugar until you reach the proper consistency.
- Spoon scrub into air-tight containers like a mason jar and decorate with twine or ribbon.